Helping you get the very best with Phototex!
Technical Information, Tips, Questions or Suggestions.
Landor Phototex is dedicated to providing an excellent product experience and superior customer support. Learn all the features and functionality of Phototex with informative and easy-to-understand user guides.
- Do not use the Opaque versions on glass, metal and vinyl – please use the original versions.
- Do not cut the overlap when using UV inks and “Opaque” Phototex as you may see a white line from the cutting. Opaque is a block-out intended to not have to overlap mid-cut and butt the overlap.
- Do not use rubbing Alcohol to clean walls when using Opaque as there is a chance it can react to the opaque coating (bubble) – just use warm damp rag to clear dust.
- Use a plastic or cloth squeegee when installing the Opaque versions as hands may leave bubbles, especially on texture surfaces.
- Always allow 30 days on a freshly painted wall before installing (paint out-gasses).
INSTALLATION DISCLAIMER & PRECAUTION
Due to all the variables of the wall surface and recently the (NEW) paints, along with choosing the correct Landor Phototex versions. Our products should not be installed within a distance in which infant/children sleep and/or occupy without continuous adult supervision.
FAQS & TIPS
If you are using Solvent or Eco-solvent inks, then we do recommend a clear coat or liquid laminate when using outdoors or in high traffic areas. See installation and technical bulletin for more information.
Always liquid laminate Phototex with the liner/backer still on the material. If already installed then do not liquid laminate to the edges while on the wall as the liquid can seep around the edges and on the adhesive.
Some thin 1.5-2.0 mil Cold Laminate may work fine, but we recommend liquid laminating or clear coating.
To date the only thing we found that works is Phototex itself. We sell discounted 24″ odd length rolls that you can use as transfer tape. Email me for any additional questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Product Performance & Suitability
All of the descriptive information and recommendations for the use of Landor Phototex products should be used only as a guide.
Furnishing such information and recommendations shall in no event constitute a warranty of any kind by Landor Phototex.
All purchasers of Landor Phototex products shall independently determine the suitability of the material for the purpose for which it is purchased. Seller’s and manufacturer’s only obligation shall be to replace such quantity of the product proved to be defective. Neither the seller nor manufacturer shall be liable either in tort or in contract for any loss or damage, direct, incidental or consequential (including loss of profits or revenue) arising out of the use of or the inability to use the product.
No statement or recommendation not contained herein shall have any force or effect unless in agreement signed by officers of seller and manufacturer.